Friday, May 13, 2022

Photo Op Ideas for Alice in Wonderland prom theme

Trying to bring a classic novel to life is no small feat, but many of the projects were fun and turned out really well. This 4X4 foot wooden cut out with a cheerleader and baseball player was recycled to make Alice and a Cheshire cat. I would have loved to do Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, but the holes were in the wrong spot. I could keep most of the green background and just paint over the bodies, so it didn't take long to transform an old painting into a new one. I used 2X4 wood legs to make a stand and hold it up off the floor.


I was able to get tri-fold boards donated to recreate Tennial illustrations. I went old school and traced print outs of the illustrations onto recycled laminating plastic and an overhead projector to trance again with pencil and then paint. I bet my first grade teacher, Mrs. Royer, had no idea that she was teaching me even while she was off in a corner working on bulletin boards with her overhead sheets and Disney coloring book.



A large piece of cardboard has the disappearing head of the cheshire cat. I used the original John Tennial illustration to keep with the feel of the other decorations, but the purple and shocking pink stripes give a nod to the Disney animated cat. We made papier mache mushrooms from umbrellas, large cardboard tubes, coffee cans with cement, paper packing tape, newspaper and liquid starch.

Scraps from the sides of the trifold boards were used to make a sign post, the wonderland sign, and tea pots and cups to hang over the food area. I was careful to make sure the "tea party" sign pointed to where the food would be served.














 

No comments:

Post a Comment