Learning a New Song
- Students can take turns picking craft foam hearts on dowels out of a Valentine's Day vase. On the back of each heart is a song name and page number, or just a number of a song on your short song list. You can add a heart for a free pick, or another activity such as "say something you love."
- In April, kids can pick Easter eggs out of a basket with a number or song name. The eggs can also be hidden around the room and found first all at once, or one at a time.
- Picking a petal with a number or song name on each to assemble a big flower,
- Adding Scoops of ice cream to a cone with card stock or foam scoops with a name on the back.
- "Plucking" feathers off a craft foam turkey, or putting them on. Maybe a feather or two could say, "Name something you are thankful for."
- Unwrapping small gifts with objects in it that represent a song or pulling song names out of a gift bag is a happy Christmas activity. Another variation could be to use parts of a nativity with a song number taped to each piece to pick and put in place, with the goal of assembling the entire creche by singing all of the songs.
- Stand up-Sit Down
- Sing-Be Silent