Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Film Decorations for Hollywood Party


 

With a Hollywood themed prom in the works, I wasn't sure how best to honor our senior class, but it didn't take long to decide that the way to make them "stars" was to put them in the same films clips as Hollywood's golden era celebrities. I printed out horizontal black and white images of Liz Taylor, Shirley Temple, Charlie Chaplin etc. I also found movie scenes such Casa Blanca, King Kong, and  Citizen Cane. Then I took pictures of each of our seniors and printed those out in black and white.  Long pieces of black bulletin board paper were cut into strips that were 14 or 15 inches wide. (It may have been cut in half, because I don't remember any scraps). Then I used a glue stick to adhere each image down the middle with about an inch in between, and small, cut-up white rectangles  of paper to boarder each side and make it recognizable as a film strip. I ended up laminating each 8 foot strip, knowing that it would make it easier to keep from getting wrinkled when hanging, and it makes it look more like plastic film, then bulletin board and copy paper. This kind of decoration added a personal touch and students were able to pose next to their image during the big night.

No comments:

Post a Comment