Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Screen Printing Pop Art


It's hard for me to talk about screen printing without talking about Andy Warhol and hard for me to talk about Andy Warhol without talking about screen printing. For a quick project to finish up our Pop Art unit we went to the press.  I let students choose from a couple of images, pick a paper color and an ink color and print. All of my totally blind students used plastic powder on their wet ink. After shaking off the excess and applying heat the plastic melts and the image becomes tactile. 
And that's what I love about teaching Art History through hands on art projects and about teach techniques through Art history. There's a lot of media to explore and lots of processes to learn, but the structure of chronology and story telling gives the materials meaning.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment