Saturday, June 5, 2021

Classroom Campfire



Pinterest has a lot of ideas on how to make a fake indoor fire, and I immediately fell in love with the idea. I already had left over cardboard tubes from paper towel rolls, scraps of tissue paper and cellophane, old Christmas lights, and scrap mat board. All I had to buy was a $2 wreath from the dollar store to serve as a fire ring. I cut out a circle from the board and hot glued it to the bottom of the wreath with a hole off to the side to pull the end of the string of lights out. Then I nestled the rest of the lights in the center. I spray painted the tubes and used brown marker to make the bark texture, before gluing some them around the edge and towards the center to make a tee pee. Then it was just a matter of tucking in the tissue and cellophane with the red in the center, then orange and yellow towards the outside.
I look forward to sitting around it as a class for story time, song time, or maybe just keep in the corner for quiet work time.




No comments:

Post a Comment