Friday, February 22, 2019

Sketchbook Project: Seeing Through Blind Eyes

It has been a couple years since I've participated in the Brooklyn Art House Sketchbook Project, but I made it a goal to get back into it this year.  In terms of a theme, I looked back on the last few years teaching special education, and tried to honor some of my students.

The ink was bleeding through the pages, so I had to glue every other page together to make them thicker. I didn't add color, because it's a sketchbook after all. Keeping things simple is a priority to me lately, and the black and white makes me feel a little nostalgic.





Some of the backgrounds are a nod to special interests/ obsessions of a student in the sketch.


My students have changed my life and I never want to forget them, just as I hope they will never forget me.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! What an awesome way to honor them. You are very talented. I get a sense of them through seeing these!

    ReplyDelete