Monday, March 27, 2023

Night to Shine



My students make fun of me for getting the name wrong half the time. I may call it "Night of Specialness," or  "Night to Remember," but the Night to Shine is truly something special that you won't ever forget.
I love that Tim Tebow wants to give special needs teens and adults a evening each year to feel like royalty: complete with crown. And I love how many volunteers work countless hours to put the event together at churches across the country. There is a room for girls to get their hair and make up done, limo rides out front, a dance floor, a photo booth, and a dining area.
But the thing that brought a lump to my throat was the red carpet lined with velvet ropes coming in and out. People were lined up clapping and cheering as our students came and left the dance.  It was a sweet experience for me, for my students, and even for the volunteers. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment