Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The Sky's The Limit at the Summer Program for the Blind

At the end of our week of fun and learning I asked one of my students what they had learned from our summer program for the blind, and he said, "I learned that the sky is really the limit."  He had learned for the first time in his life, how to put his head under water in a swimming pool, something he'd previously thought was impossible. That made me so glad that I lobbied for "The Sky's the Limit" to be our theme this year. For their art classes we screen printed t-shirts of hot air balloons.


We made paper rockets and shot them off PVC pipe rocket launchers. 





We made kites from dowels and bulletin board paper.


And we took pictures with the photo booths that I re-purposed from a "Fly Me to the Moon" 
themed prom.

Hopefully, each one of those kids will break through glass ceilings and despite their disability, realize that even if they miss when they shoot for the moon, they're still among the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment